Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Updates

Happy hour last week was great. It was SOO nice to see people that I talk to all the time as well as those friends that you only see at events like a happy hour! I had so much fun, but the time went too fast. We'll have to have another after the next round of chemo!!

More tests and pokings last Thurs and Friday. The scan shows that there is still cancer in the same spots, but probably not anything new. I say probably because I had a cold and there were a couple lymph nodes that lit up in my chest. The Dr. said they could have been cancer or the cold, we'll have to keep an eye on it. Other than that there were no new spots and the two spots that were new last time didn't pop up. It did make me a bit mad, since I called before the scan to check on rescheduling due to my cold. The response I got was that the machine could tell the difference between a cold and cancer. HA, not on me. Now we have to wait another 3-4 months to find out, when I would have been perfectly fine waiting a couple more weeks for the scan. The results could have been better, could have been LOTS worse. I still have time to figure out how to get rid of this disease. The report from NY is still not in, the Dr out there had a death in the family and was out for a couple weeks. Even though I was scheduled to start a clinical trial on Monday, we agreed to postpone for a week so that we could discuss the chemo regimen that the NY Dr suggested.

I'm getting used to this feeling good thing, not excited about starting chemo again. I keep trying to keep in mind that it's a short term bad for a long term good, but I'm more of an immediate gratification type of person :)

5 comments:

Sue and Robert Stark said...

So glad you had fun at Happy Hour...how could you not?!?!?!

That's frustrating about the cold & scan. Continuing to lift you up in prayer.

I'm such a immediate gratification person, too....that's why I end up eating too many sweets and paying for it when my clothes don't fit! HA!

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Oops...started talking to Robert and forgot to sign off.

Love & Hugs!!!
Sue Boo :)
PS...Course' ya knew it was me anyway!

LizzieCook said...

Hello Liz: I am very pleased that you enjoyed the Happy Hour. It was sooooo good to see you (you looked better than I remember - don't tell me that the fabled "Fountain of Youth" is to be found in Chemo?)LOL!! I wanted to see you so bad that I drove around Exit 212 for almost 1/2 hour looking for that place - would not give up until I found it (& you)!! Anyway Liz, it was great to speak with you in person and to meet your husband. As always, my prayers are with you as you begin the next round of treatment. I'lll stay in touch. Your Friend, Lizzie Cook

Unknown said...

Hi Wonder Woman!
It was great to see you at your HH, you look fabulous!

I wanted to tell you I'm running a 5K this Saturday (I used to be a runner in another life, but back surgery, laziness, and age has put me in a nonrunner status). My motivation is to 'run' in honor of all those people affected by cancer. If only this abundance of motivation could overcome my physical inabilities, I would smoke the rest of the field, but I guess I'll just have to be content to participate:>)

You continue to be in my many many prayers as you take the next step in your conquering this darn cancer.
Take care and stay strong!
Janice M.

Unknown said...

I completely agree with the comments from LB. You are definitely a Super Hero! Remember, you are Wonder Woman!!

Even though I don't know you that well I always smile when I think about your courage and humor, and I will continue to say prayers and ask my Mr. Invincible to send you strength to beat this:>)

Janice