Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Too much thinking

Here's what I'm thinking......the scan last week didn't show any real movement in the tumors since last September. Since chemo works on rapidly dividing cells, the only thing it would be working on would be my hair since the cancer is taking a little break. Therefore I should be able to postpone chemo for the summer !! :) YES I will discuss this with the Dr and probably find out why my theory is flawed, but I'm really enjoying getting out. The weather is great and I feel great. Although it was too hot for the dog on the walk today. We went about 1 1/2 blocks when she stopped and looked at me. She communicated telepathically that it was too hot for a 13 year old, black dog. So, we turned around and went home and I had to finish the walk on my own.

There was also a news story on Kare 11 about Precision Therapeutics. They test chemos against your tumor in the lab to see if they work BEFORE you shoot up. It doesn't always work since the body has a million variants the lab doesn't. Yet, doesn't it sound like a good idea? The last chemo didn't do anything, it would be nice to know which ones might....

6 comments:

LizzieCook said...

Happy Wednesday Liz: Your theory sounds reasonable to me (wish I were a doctor so I could give the "go-ahead" on your no Chemo for summer plan.) I personally love the sci-fi idea of a generated mutant cancer cell - that goes in and kills other cancer cells (then self destructs with no residue, LOL) - I heard that the cancer-fighting-cancer cell method is being tried in Germany. But, I'll go with your theory for now. Good Luck - my best wishes for a great chemo-free summer.
Lizzie Cook

LB said...

Here's what I'm thinking ... you are really getting smart on this chemo thing. DAMN I wish all we had to worry about was all our files being taken over by the team in India. Dang, we thought we had it tough then, huh.

I say Liz keep thinking of different options, no better time than now to look outside the box and find the other options out there for you.

Thinking of you always! Take care my friend.

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Sounds good to me!!! But, you probably should check with your Dr. as I don't have any credibility...or credentials...or both...hhhmmm....

I'm so happy you're feeling "up"...I agree with the dog, though...I don't like exercising in the heat either. :)

Love you,
Praying for you, too...
Sue Boo :)

christine9 said...

Great to hear that you are feeling so well and enjoying the beautiful weather! Your theory seems to make sense to me, and I think it definately sounds worthwhile to find out about the other type of therapy - everyone is so different and there are so many different options out there and you never know what might just be the solution for you. One way or another there is a solution out there for you! Continue enjoying this beautiful spring and know that we are thinking about you!

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Love & Prayers,
Sue Boo :)

ec/jc said...

Dear Liz, have been mulling over the old nutition regime that didn't work for you. How about doing a "Liz " version of that? Easing in the stuff you like? 30 years or so ago, The New Yorker magazine did an extensive article about the French & their extensive use of garlic, & why they don't stink of it when they eat it & why we do. Well, for one thing, I think it was COOKED. For another, after a few weeks, the body got acclimated to it & didn't release the fumes. So, I visualize you upping the amounts you eat in sauces & stir frys a bit at a time, & you visualizing all the healing qualities, & hopefully, your family saying "yum" & nobody thinking you reek..... because according to the NYer article, you wouldn't. I like all your ideas & input on your own treatment, & hope some of them make it past the establishment. Love, ec