Wednesday, April 22, 2009

DC






Ok, I didn't get this done last week...I ended up with some nasty cold that is taking it's time leaving. BUT better late than never. Happy Hour tonight, I'm very excited! I'll be there from 5:30 to 7pm. Pretty sure I won't last much longer than that :)



DC was incredible. We all had so much fun. There were no schedules, we bought trolley tix so we could just hop on and off whenever we felt the need. The weather was ok, Sunday was beautiful, the rest of the days were overcast, but manageable. By the time we were tired from sightseeing everyday the girls would want to go swimming, and since neither Joe or I could do marathon walking, everyone was tired at the same time. The day at the Easter Egg Roll was interesting, Kate did NOT want to be there and kept insisting we leave. Jenna was a good sport and would at least let us take her picture (as you can see, Kate is not good at cooperating for pictures, ever).

Ellie, Liz and Andrew met us for dinner one night and the girls wanted to adopt Ellie. They had so much fun playing with her, Kate actually let me take her picture..... We saw the monuments, the zoo, the White House south lawn (even the new swingset and garden), and didn't once worry about cancer, diet, chemo, etc! It was beautiful :)

4 comments:

viponds said...

Your trip sounds great! I am so glad that you are able to get away with Joe and the girls. It is always nice to get away from everything.

Hope you had fun at happy hour last night. I was at a 7th/8th grade baseball game so I did not think that an alcoholic drink was appropriate but I did think of you and hope you were having a good time.

Take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Carolyn

LB said...

Your DC trip sounds wonderful and the pictures are perfect! Kate is just older than her years ... not too many women I know like their picture taken!

Thanks for the opportunity to see you last night and so many of our dear friends from RFC. It was a fabulous time!!

Keep up the spirit Liz - we are all behind you and ready to do whatever you need!

Love ya chickie!!

Lori

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Hi! I read this last night and forgot to post a note. :)


Love hearing about your trip and seeing the pics! I remember going to Disneyland when I was 10...being mad at my mom & dad for something and wouldn't smile for 1 day and turned my back for every picture...maybe every child does for 1 trip or another...hee, hee, hee!

This AM I was in our apartment and thought about you all at Happy Hour!!

Love ya,
Sue Boo :)

Jan said...

Loved reading about your trip, and your photos of the Whitehouse blow mine away. (You know--the gate thing.) :) She may have turned her back, but one day she will look at the photo and just appreciate it because it shows she was there. My girls don't turn their backs when I take photos, but Britney tends to go out of her way to make goofy faces. I compromise by taking a ton more photos--eventually I get a good one. It's either that or learn photoshop! Ha! Ha! I'm glad you had a good trip.

Janelle