Friday, February 6, 2009

Pink Wig

Lisa brought over a pink wig for me. As you can see, it was more of a punk look than the "Sex in the City Look" that I was going for. Maybe if I would have worn mascara......

Lisa is also the one that gave me my Neulasta shot in the MOA parking lot on Wednesday. I almost dropped it in the car which freaked me out a bit (it's a really expensive shot), but she saved the day and stuck it right in! Then we went and did a couple laps around the mall. I'm getting more fatigued than usual, but we still made it around a couple times. There were some muscles aches and pains from the shot, but there didn't appear to be any other side effects. This is the shot that is supposed to get my white blood cell counts up after chemo on Tues. It's a bit ironic that my counts were higher before this chemo than they have been since we started and it's the first time I had the shot.

It's also a bit ironic that everyone in the house had a cold EXCEPT the one with the compromised immune system. HA. Apparently I'm the only one that washes their hands twenty times a day, or my white blood cells just show up when I need them. Either way something is working! Jenna and Joe have pretty active colds, Kate's seems to come and go as necessary for hugs or other attention.

I'm still researching other options. I have a couple nutritionists to interview, there is an IV Vitamin C therapy north of St. Cloud and a clinic in Mexico (on the beach) to check out. There is a homeopath in St. Cloud, supplements to figure out, and many, many books to read. Julie has offered to do energy healing (Therapeutic Touch) and I'm REALLY excited about that. Everyone has been asking about Dr. GU, and I haven't gone for a couple weeks (probably why I'm so tired), but I'll go again after the next chemo treatment. I can't do his herbs anymore, but the acupuncture works for me. This cancer business can be a full time job!!

7 comments:

Karen said...

That picture is so darn cute. Pink is definitely your hair color. When this crap is all done and your hair grows back, I think that you should consider this style !!!

Debby said...

At Kate's request we clicked on the picture and got a full screen view of the new do! Loooove it!!

Marne said...

I think you should braid the wig and touch it up with black tips.
I think Kate has your charm when it comes to colds. I will use any excuse for a hug. Cancer does sound like a full time job. Maybe you shuld apply for a different job and the cancer job will go away. I will work on that for you. Hugs! Marne

Sue and Robert Stark said...

What group was that we danced to at Spikes and Cleats??? The Violent Femmes???? Is that it?? OK, you can tell I haven't thought about them or listened to them since THOSE days!! But, the pink wig is reminding me.

Kate and hugs...oh, my heart loves to hear that!

Good to hear you're still walking at the mall. Man, it really is a full-time job to do the research. I'm praying for you, my friend.

In His Grip,
Sue :)

Karla said...

Love the punk look! Pink is great on you. We have a Hannah Montana wig I could send your way to give you another option...
So glad to hear you are feeling well. Hope your family is feeling better. Take care!!

LizzieCook said...

Hello Liz: Purple works for me re: hair color but I think the pink looks good on you. One Friday night (years ago), I was trying out a new hair color called "autumn sunset" or something like that(a beautiful maple/maroon color on box). But for me, it turned my hair purple! I became so facisnated with the shade of purple that I decided to keep it and wear it to work. I got the weird looks but I sure had fun with it! So, have fun - whatever it takes to stay on track with fighting this disease. Hope your next chemo treatment is much easier on you...my prayers for this.

LB said...

Hey Liz - I hope you are in contact with Renee Berens regarding the clinic in Mexico. It was an amazing experience for them. If you are not, please let me know - you two need to talk.