Friday, February 13, 2009

Quick update

The next chemo round isn't until Friday the 20th. My Dr. was booked up until then, but technically it was only supposed to be next Tues - not that much of a delay. Joe's researching a second opinion with MD Anderson in Houston or Sloan Kettering in NY. Since neither of us are thrilled with the latest direction in treatment, there must be SOMETHING else we can do. He gets to follow the more conventional route and I get to pursue the "alternative" stuff. I'm starting to get more excited about the IV Vitamin C route and would like to try that once chemo is over. In the mean time I've started taking a multi vitamin that makes my pee look like you can see it from the space shuttle - it's not a color normally found in nature! Too much information for some of you? I have other supplements, but thought I'd run them by the Dr. before taking.

The last round of chemo has worn off and I'm feeling pretty good. Even my arm is better (the chemo leaves tracks and a lot of pain). Last week Julie gave me a Therapeutic Touch session, this week I had a massage (compliments of the ACSers :) and last night Joe and I went to the Franciscan ministry in St. Paul. There were three people that volunteer to pray with you and lay hands on you. I was so nervous before we went in, worried that I would get kicked out for not being Catholic, or would start laughing if they spoke in tongues, but it ended up being a wonderful time. It's amazing how people that you don't know can care about you, kind of builds up your belief in humanity!!

2 comments:

Marne said...

Happy Valentines day Lizard, Lizard, Lizard. Thanks for the information on the pee. I am thinking you should sell it in bottles to people that exercise at night then they would not have to carry flashlights. By the way my ‘word verification’ for this blog is lummera. I really do think it is a sign that this really may be a new invention. Get a patent. I hope you find the answers you are looking for in your second opinions. I love you! Hugs, Marne.

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Hope you Valentines Day was full of hugs & loving!! Glad your symptons are lessening. Keep looking, girl!

Hhmm...vibrant pee...hey, the things you talk about as you get older. :)

I'm glad you found the prayer & laying on of hands "good"...comforting, encouraging....can't remember exactly how you phrased it....but positive to say the least!

Love & Prayers,
Sue Boo