Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's June!!

Jenna now has braces! Looks like a lot of metal on a little kid. She almost, yes almost, couldn't eat her chocolate cake last night. I'm sure it hurts, but she seems to manage for chocolate! Dr. visit today. We need to ask about delaying chemo for the summer, trying the company that tests chemos against your tumor, and get a better idea of the results of the last scan. There was a spot on my right hip which I assumed was the old spot, but the old spot is on the left hip. Joe said something after the appt, but I poo pooed him. Now I have to 'fess up and tell him he was right. HATE THAT!

Things are still going so well. I still can't believe my diagnosis compared to how I feel. I have never been so peaceful, calm and grateful for everything in my life. How do you compare that to the crap eating my bones? Since the trip out West is probably off for the summer, I would like to take the family to some of the state parks in MN. It would be fun to see a couple waterfalls, the headwaters of the Mississippi, the North Shore with the kids, and a couple museums for me. All scheduled around playdates, cabin trips and ortho appointments.

FYI, last week I made a yummy quiche with spinach. It was homemade (it was the first time I didn't pour it out of a box), and I dumped upside down in the oven 1/2 way through the baking time. Joe ended up cleaning it the next day since he is more anal, I mean detailed than I am. Bummer. We went out to eat instead and the rest of the weekend the kids would say that Dad should cook instead of me so that nothing got dropped. Since that was the first time destroying the meal and the oven, I refuse to listen. We're going to try and have quiche again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Ahhhh....so happy to hear about your life!!!! The "oven" story made me laugh! I'm glad you're in a peaceful (I think was the word) state of mind....everyone should be in THAT spot!! (including me!!!)

Love you!!!
Sue Boo :)

Holly and Rhett said...

That a girl...don't let one dropped quiche get you down! Glad to hear you are feeling well.

Karen said...

I once dumped a whole bowl of spaghetti on the floor....sauce and all. Life happens...

Enjoy the summer. It is lovely outside. You deserve some peace and tranquility !!!