Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SuperHero!

We had an awesome weekend. Joe's sister and brother-in-law came down from ND for the weekend and stayed at a hotel with a pool. The girls were in heaven!! They swam Sat and Sun and still didn't want to get out on Sun night to eat. Jeanne and Gary even went to school to have lunch with Kate (Jenna had a picnic and parents weren't allowed) on Monday. Kate came in for lunch, zoomed right past me and gave Gary a hug. Now I know what Joe feels like :) There was even some excitement! Saturday at the pool, Joe fished a little 1 or 2year old out of the deep end and saved her from drowning. She had wandered out of her hotel room and stepped right into the pool. Joe saw it happen, ran over and grabbed her, and pulled her out. The pool was so busy, no one had even noticed the little girl. Then it turns out, he's done this BEFORE! Back in the late 80's he fished a little kid about the same age out of a lake. There were other people there, but they thought the girl was bobbing along. Joe had been parking a boat trailer, realized she was drowning, ran past the other people, jumped in the lake and pulled her out. It's fairly ironic that he's saved more kids than some lifeguards, and he can't swim. One kid would be a hero, but two earns him Superhero status!!

Summer is supposed to be starting, but it barely got to 60 degrees yesterday. Today it will be all the way up to a whopping 64 degrees. Today is also the last day of school. We're all excited about having the summer to play (although I'm a tad nostalgic about my loss of freedom). We're going to start by having sleep overs tonight. That way we can begin the summer by being tired and cranky tomorrow! Hopefully they'll have enough fun tonight that tomorrow will be a nice peaceful day. If all else fails we can go to a matinee.

7 comments:

Marne said...

Lizard, Lizard, Lizard
Wow! You live with a super hero! I do too. He wears a batman cape and he is three. Not as real life as your super hero but he makes me just as happy. I read him that Dora book you gave us all the time. It is a long book! Yes, how is that weather treating you. I left MSP this morning with long underwear under my shirt. I am a wimp. Maybe some day I will be as strong as you.
Braces! Wow, she seems so young.
Love and miss you Lizard.

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Superhero Joe....love it!!! Seriously, words can't even describe it...Thank you, Joe!!!!

Love hearing all the fun the girls are having....already!!!!

Love & Prayers,
Sue Boo :)
xxxx

LB said...

Wow a super hero amongst us!! That is totally awesome - please thank Joe for saving two children's lives. What an amazing feat.

Now ..... just so you know -- You, my friend, are also a 'SUPER HERO' in my book. Your passion for beating the odds and staying positive through all of this 'shit' is definitely SUPER HERO status in my book. I honestly think of you often, as I complain about truly the trivial stuff and think about you, and know there is so much more that could be happening.

To my SUPER HERO - keep your positive attitude and know that all of us little weaklings are looking to you for inspiration every day!

Love ya lots -
Lori

Unknown said...

I completely agree with the comments from LB. You are definitely a Super Hero! Remember, you are Wonder Woman!!

Even though I don't know you that well I always smile when I think about your courage and humor, and I will continue to say prayers and ask my Mr. Invincible to send you strength to beat this:>)

JM

Phil D said...

Liz, You asked for summer and it looks like we finally got it...

Way to go Joe, what a lucky little kid!

Renee Bangerter said...

I hope you have a wonderful summer with your family. I'm sending some good vibes from California.

Renee

Nanc said...

ERD!!!
Been too long since checking your blog. I just caught up again today.
You are in my thoughts a lot.
Wow!
What a terrific man you married. And one of the other blogs about the other boys being sad--your comment about therapy was great! But you have the right guy for you!! Superhero and all.
Didn't know about the Happy Hour- so that's I wasn't there. Possible for a little lunch sometime?? I will meet you where ever.
Love you and I am so happy you are feeling good and enjoying the family life. Don't miss the old days anymore just YOU! I am happy no chemo for the summer. You really are good at blogging.
You are awesome-I am priviledged to know you and have worked for you. Hugs and Kisses