Thursday, March 26, 2009

good news

Joe came home from the hospital on Tuesday! We were back at the Dr. office on Wednesday :( He didn't come home with any pain medication and really should have. They said that the clot will take months to dissolve and he will be in a lot of pain for at least the next 6-8 weeks. He doesn't like drugs any more than I do, but he's rather fond of the percocet now!

The other good news is that Northwest waived the change fee for the family which allowed us to rebook the D.C. trip two weeks later!!! So we can all still go. Hopefully Joe will be able to walk around a little bit better by then.

My last chemo was on Tuesday :). At least for awhile. We wait 4 weeks for another scan and then we would (hopefully) be approved for a clinical trial at that time. My Dr. is listening now when I tell him that we are going to cure this cancer. When I asked which therapy would be more likely to cure me, he said the clinical trial was more likely than the chemo. He said I was "swinging for the fence". Damn straight. He also chuckled a bit when I told him that I went skiing a couple weeks ago, he was obviously surprised, but he said "that's great". Maybe most chemo patients with a plate on their leg don't usually do such things.

5 comments:

viponds said...

You go girl! I think you should be able to do what you darn well want to do!! Ski, travel, whatever.

I am glad to hear that Joe has gotten out of the hospital and that you were able to still keep the DC trip on your schedule. Things are looking up....a bit at least!

You are constantly in my prayers.

Take care -
Carolyn

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Yipee!! Joe's home...woo-who!! Take those drugs and go to DC...with your new travel date....yeah!!

And, you are NOT the average cancer patient, so why wouldn't you ski?!?!?

Love ya,
Sue :)

Hjellming said...

Happy for you all that Joe is home, keep on getting well! :-) Way to show them that you ARE NOT the average cancer patient. Now, get to DC and show them how to make their way through tuff times and persevere.

Liz for President!

Jan said...

Glad to hear Joe is home and that you will be off to D.C. soon. Yay! And with no change fees for your tix. Yay Northwest! As for skiing--that IS great. If you're up to it, do whatever makes you happy! Go see those cherry blossoms! :)

Janelle

LB said...

Hey girl - I appreciate the fact that you are 'swinging for the fence'. Keep up that attitude!

Have fun in DC - hey why not drop by the Obama household and see if his girls will let your girls play on the swingset. HECK why not, we probably paid for it! (:

Take care Lizard - I'm thinking of you everyday!