Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Facebook mania!!

I have yet to start on Facebook. Nora says it's addicting and from the looks of it, every one is on it except me. At least all of Spooner High, and Central College!! I'm going to be stubborn just a bit longer, since it sounds like something I'd want to spend all day on, looking for old friends. But I do love the comments the FBers have left!

Next Chemo round starts March 17. Joe also got word today that we have an appt at Sloan Kettering April 6th. Here we come New York City! Lets hope they have a brilliant idea to help cure me of this cancer thing. Sooner, rather than later would be nice, but greedy.

The girls have spring break soon, so we booked a trip to D.C. for 4 nights. I've been talking about the Cherry Blossoms for about 18 years, and it seems like there is no time like the present. It's one of those things that come up when you start to think about what you would do if you only had a year left to live. Now, I'm not saying that's all I have, but it helps to prioritize which things I would do. For instance, I've always wanted to see the Great Wall, but I'm not sure the kids would enjoy that trip as much as I would and at this point I'm not willing to leave them for that long, just for a vacation. D.C. they should have a pretty good time with (and it won't bankrupt the family - or not as much). This summer I want to take a car ride and see some of the National Parks out west, hike as much as my leg will allow. The girls and I are probably pretty well matched at this point :). As you can see, I'd like to see and do as much as possible with the family this year. It should be a good summer and we're taking advantage of it!!

9 comments:

viponds said...

A trip to DC sounds fun. Jimmy is going with a group from his school March 15-17 so if you see a rowdy group from Ankeny be sure and reprimand them!!!
I am sure that your girls appreciate all the Mom time they can get. Even when you beat this awful cancer and are around until you are 100 they will cherish these memories.
You are never far from my thoughts and you are always in my prayers.

Love ya-
Carolyn

Holly and Rhett said...

I love D.C.! Have a great time! I am so happy that you got an appt. in New York, good luck.
You definitely need to join FB, but yes, it is very addicting! Sounds like you are staying busy and doing well. One of these days, I plan on stopping by to say hi!!

Holly

Sue and Robert Stark said...

The Griswalds meet the Solheids...oh yeah! I can see it now...hee, hee, hee!

Family vacations are worth it no matter what!! I still remember traveling with my family growing up..OK, so part of it was me sleeping in the car while my parents saw Plymouth Rock...I just wanted to be back in Ankeny with my friends...but, hey, I was 14 or so....I'm sure I wasn't much fun to be with! But I do remember it. lol.

FaceBook...very fun and very addicting...esp. when Lily's in bed early and Robert's flying...the time I spend on there...oih (I'm sure I'm not spelling that correctly!).

Love & Hugs & Prayers,
Sue :)
PS...That's great that the NY place is gonna take you on!!!

Jan said...

A trip to D.C. sounds great. Say hi to Pres. Obama and family! ha! :) It's good to get away with the family and just have fun. (I look forward to those days--no laundry or cleaning house! ha!ha!) Plus, after this past election, the kids seem more interested in learning about our country, so it seems like a great time to take them.

Glad to hear you got an appt. at Sloan Kettering! Take care!
Janelle

Nancy R said...

Family vacation and road trips create so many memories! My family would go camping all the time and I remember not always enjoying it! But it created so many memories that we still laugh about today.

Keep up the positive attitude it is inspiring! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

*I am also a facebook hold out!

Nancy

LizzieCook said...

Hello Liz: I wish you the best tomorrow (your next chemo treatment). Hope you are able to get it, tolerate it and move one more step towards the finish line. Have some fun in DC and I hope the folks at Sloan have good news for you. Signed, another Facebook hold out!

Liz Cook

viponds said...

Good luck today. I hope good old St Patrick with bring you good luck and all will go well.

Your Sloan Kettering appt on April 6th will be here before you know it and hopefully they will get you closer to beating this. I hope you have time to have some fun while you are in NYC.

And.....I also am a facebook holdout. People at work talk about it ALL the time and they are definitely addicted. I don't need anything else to take my time.

Take care....I am praying for you!

Carolyn

Jan said...

Just checking in 'cuz I remembered your chemo treatment was scheduled for St. Patty's Day. Hope you got a little of that luck o' the Irish and that all went well. :)

They are right--Facebook is addicting. Kevin says I'm a Facebook Junkie. :P

Praying for you,
Janelle

lea said...

Family vacations.....ahh yes...at least you're not driving so you won't have to deal with "are we there yet?" Hope the Cherry Blossoms are as beautiful as I've heard they are - you should have a ball.
I'm not on Facebook either - I had to have someone that is on it tell someone that invited me to join, that I wouldn't be joining (no offense to anyone!)
Good luck with everything...think of you often, but haven't posted a comment for awhile.
Big Hugs,
Sue