Thursday, March 19, 2009

Enough Already

What's going on at your house? Ours is a disaster! The girl's school had an outbreak of the Norovirus. On Friday somewhere between 120 and 170 kids threw up AT the school or ON the bus. EWWWWW. Kate got it on Saturday night (Joe was out of town snowmobiling). I got it Monday night, but just for a couple hours thank goodness. Jenna got it around midnight Monday, and Joe ended up with it Tuesday morning. I've never washed so many sheets and towels in my life, or used as many Clorox wipes around the house!

Luckily I felt pretty good on Tuesday and could still get chemo. I didn't want to delay the chemo because otherwise next weeks dose would be too close to the D.C. trip and it wouldn't be any fun to be tired the whole time we were there. At least that worked out!! Dianne had to run out of the hair salon with wet hair to get me down to Mayo in time because Joe was sick and couldn't drive. So I'm in the middle of the crappy time right now. It was going ok, both girls got on the school bus this morning....BUT Joe ended up driving himself to the ER (why are guys so stubborn???). He has a clot in his leg. They are admitting him and telling him it's kind of a big deal. Joe of course, thinks it's no big deal, he's just dehydrated and will be fine after an IV.

Mary called this morning and asked how it was going.......she ended up saying "I'm coming up there right now, how much more can you take!". Thank God for family!

7 comments:

JodyPeterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JodyPeterson said...

Geez Liz how much more can your poor family take. I am sending extra prayers for your family. I have been reading all your posts and I am excited for you and your family to take those trips what a great time to look forward to, take care of yourself and know that I am thinking of you and wishing you the best. Jody Peterson

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Liz,girl, I think I'd be crying..I KNOW I'd be crying! I don't even want to imagine how the school and bus smelled....makes me think of the bus ride down to Alabama.....

Go, Mary..Go, Mary...I'm singing that...you know the beat. :) You've got such an incredible family...dropping everything to come...And Dianne...leaving her with her hair wet...Go, Dianne..Go, Dianne!!!

And, on another note, one of my favorite songs is by Rich Mullins (Christian singer)..."Hold me, Jesus"

Here are the lyrics...some parts may not "fit" what you're going through, but I love the chorus...and, depending on what I'm feeling or going through, there's something I can relate to in this song. I'd call you up and sing it...but that wouldn't help you at all. lol.

Lyrics:
Well, sometimes my life just don't make sense at all
When the mountains look so big
And my faith just seems so small
So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace
And I wake up in the night and feel the dark
It's so hot inside my soul
I swear there must be blisters on my heart
So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace
Surrender don't come natural to me
I'd rather fight You for something I don't really want
Than to take what You give that I need
And I've beat my head against so many walls
Now I'm falling down, I'm falling on my knees
And this Salvation Army band is playing this hymn
And Your grace rings out so deep
It makes my resistance seem so thin
I'm singing hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

Love, Hugs, and Prayers,
Sue :)

Janet Arnold said...

Oh my - you have had enough - you and your family need a break and I will be praying for you to get it!!!

Keep your spirits up and look forward to the good times you have planned with your family and the trips.

As always - I will keep you in my prayers.

Janet Arnold

Holly and Rhett said...

Liz, all of you are in my prayers. Please call or email if you need ANYTHING! I would say I would make some meals for you but it sounds like the Solheids are on a saltine cracker and water diet! Seriously, please do not hestitate to call.

Take care!
Holly

christine9 said...

Ok, enough, someone needs to leave you alone and only send good things you way!
Know that we think about you often! I hope that you have an awesome trip to D.C.!

viponds said...

Holy Crap!!!! When it rains it pours. It is unbelievable how much crap you have had to face in the last 6 months. When they say life is not fair they mean it. Wow.
It has to get better, right? You have had way more than your share of burdens. Keep fighting .... with everyone praying for you guys things have to start looking up.

Take care.

Love ya -
Carolyn