Friday, January 16, 2009

Mind mush

I used to be a competent professional. Now, not so much. I had lunch with three awesome people and told them to meet me at Turtles in St. Louis Park off 100 on Excelsior. Ray leaves this message "ah, I think you have your animals mixed up. Did you mean Bunny's?". Yes, I did mean Bunny's. The other day while going for a walk I interviewed myself, and I didn't get the job. My mind is turning to mush; words go missing, people that I've known for years no longer have names. I'm going to blame the cancer for now, it really can't be old age yet...right??

Lately things seem pretty darn good. I can get around, the cold is pretty much gone, it seems a TAD cold, but we do live in Minnesota. The other day I even made it around three floors of the MOA! Of course I wasn't setting any land speed records, but it was great conversation (with Jamie, this time it wasn't with myself) and it felt good to move around.

3 comments:

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! You have such a postive attitude...you, go girl!! I'm praying for you. Walking..I kept thinking I'd lose weight b/c we walk so much over here ...not the case. How does that work?!?! Maybe it's all the comfort food I've been eating. I've always been able to pass up French fries; but not now. Of course, I haven't had much chocolate over here either.

Mush mind...hhhmmmm...could be cancer or age. I can definitely get mush mind...so in my case, it's age or lots of changes in my life...although this was happening before we left. lol.

Love, Sue :)

LB said...

Happy New Year Liz! I gotta tell you, as you talk about losing your memory - you are not alone. I hadn't posted anything for awhile as I couldn't remember what email account I had used to sign up. Wow - getting old is horrible! (:

I am so in awe of how you are working throught this damn cancer. You are an amazing woman and role model for your daughters. How lucky they are to be growing up with a woman such as yourself!

Stay positive and know you have a ton of us, in your court! Take care and thinking of you often. LB

christine9 said...

Liz,

Glad to hear that you have been feeling pretty good! Keep at it! Know that we will all being thinking about you and praying for you, especially over the next few days as you go through the scan. Hoping for nothing but good news! Please keep us posted and know that everyone is pulling for you!
Christine