Monday, December 15, 2008

Feeling groovy

No chemo this week, and last week ended up pretty darn good considering the drugs in my system! I'm not sure if it's Dr. Gu or the new drug, but I wasn't incapacitated. Go Gu! My counts are still down, so I'm not out and about as much as I like, but that's good for the wallet :). This week I have to get out and get the Xmas shopping done. Joe volunteered, but that just wouldn't be the same, and it would be VERY good for me to have something else to do. I'll just carry a mask in the purse in case people start hacking and sneezing around me!

I'm not sure what happened, but I was supposed to have chemo next week and it has been moved to the week after. Maybe they thought I needed a Christmas break. It's the same as Thanksgiving; it will be really nice to have the time with family, but it's delaying the next scan (and my ultimate recovery) by another week.

Thank you to all the people at the RFC happy hour. The card was awesome and the girls will be spoiled! It was an incredible gesture and I'm sorry I missed the happy hour! We're planning mommy and me days with each of the girls while they are on break. Kate to Underwater world and Jenna to a spa (manny and peddy's). Thanks for making it possible!!!

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

5 comments:

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Liz, I'm so happy for you...I'm doing the "Happy Dance" in our living room/Lily's play room! Too bad she's asleep or she would be dancing with me....tomorrow I'll show her your blog and we'll dance and say "Thank You, God". :)

She and I do a little "Groovy Girl" thing-a-ma-jig together, so she'll think your "feeling groovy" is funny, too.

Good luck shopping! When are the girls off for Christmas break?

Everyone had a Snow Day here...it was really icy around 5:00AM, but by 8:00 it was fine....the kids and teachers all loved it, but I know a bunch of moms who were wanting to get more Christmas stuff done. ha!

Are you keeping your head warm and cozy?!?! You knit, don't you? A friend told me her daughter used loom type thing and was knitting the coolest hats!

Love and Hugs,
Sue :)

Michelle Stevens said...

What wonderful news Liz! Things seem like they are looking up for you and it's awesome! What day are you planning on shopping? That sounds like fun, I still have to get mine done as well:)
See you sooon!
Michelle

Nan said...

Liz you looked wonderful at Whole Foods yesteday!!! Great to run into you. If you ever need a Whole Foods or Trader Joe run let me know I live right there :)

Have a joyfilled holiday season
~ Nan

Marne said...

Lizard, Lizard, Lizard,
Man is it cold! I usually do not notice but I have been outside more than usually. You never told me - and shame on you for that - kids do not get cold outside. Vincent can play for hours outside. So the two things I am asking from Santa are a nausea free, energy filled holiday season for you and snow pants for me. Free your roof of ice for Santa. Otherwise what if he slipped while on your roof and you had to keep the jolly guy at your house for six weeks while is broken leg healed. He would probably require sugar filled treats and would not be all that into your twig tea. I understand you wanting to do your own shopping - so my offer still stands for wrapping. I am one tiny phone call away. Love ya Lizard. Hugs, Marne

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Just wanted to say "Hi!" from HK! I started an email to you all....didn't finish b4 I left...crazy woman running around after Christmas.

I check in every couple of days...still praying for you!!!!

I am going to start a blog, too...on "humzoo"...a friend I used to teach with got me set up.

Love ya,
Sue :)