Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Full disclosure

We're back on the rollercoaster :). I've been tired for about a month and keep waiting to feel better. For awhile it made sense that it was diet (it was summertime after all), but I've been doing better on the diet and still feel crappy. My teeth hurt sometimes, my sinuses hurt sometimes and my intestines aren't happy with me sometimes. There have also been a couple sore in my mouth, which I haven't seen since the last of the chemo. Last week I went to see Dr. Timmerman and he checked my thyroid and blood counts. Since we haven't heard anything, I'm guessing I'll get the card in the mail saying everything looked fine. Isn't odd when you go in HOPING for a sinus infection or a thyroid problem?? I also asked about anything I could think of, lactose intolerance, celiac, a flu bug that won't develop or go away, dehydration, ANYTHING but the big C. So this morning I finally bit the bullet and called Mayo and asked for the next scan to be moved up. We haven't rec'd a schedule yet, but it was supposed to be around the end of Oct.

I guess you look for any explanation other than the obvious.... it's like knowing there's an elephant in the room but still trying to figure out where that big pile of crap came from. So I haven't written anything, but since you're asking, it looks like I'll need your prayers, thoughts and good energy for a little bit longer. Please. In the time before the scan, I'll still be trying to figure out if there are other animals in the room that could also have left a pile of poo. You never know, maybe there's a rhino hiding behing the elephant!

8 comments:

christine9 said...

Liz,

You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as always. Remember, you have to continue to have faith and believe that you can do this. The mind is a very powerful thing. Hang in there and trust that we will be saying our prayers and that we know that you can beat this! Please keep us posted!

ec/jc said...

Dear Liz,
Have been looking for your news, thanks for keeping us up to date.Know that every time any one of us searches your blog, there are piles of love & concern & power prayers aimed your way. Focus on that, & not on the elephant doodoo. A long time ago, we attended a performance of a small town circus. Eyes on the tents, wandering the grounds,guess what we stepped into? It's a pretty good metaphor, glad you are watching where you walk. Collect the 500 watt prayers to light tha path... Love, ec/jc

Linda W said...

Liz,

Have been checking in on your blog looking for an update ~ thanks so much for sharing with us.

As always, I read through both a smile & a tear ... your spirit, drive, strength, determination, humor, faith, and hope continue to inspire me!

My prayers and thoughts (along with all those from your friends and family) are with you daily.

Warmest Regards,
Linda

JodyPeterson said...

Hey Liz,
Been checking daily on your sight, and was happy (to finally hear from you again) and sad to read your blog, sad that you are nervous about things you are feeling. I am praying for you and thinking of you all the time. Your vacations this summer looked like a good time was had by all. Your girls are adorable. Prayers and hope always, Jody Peterson (longlost HomeComings/RFC friend :))

Karen said...

Liz, It is understandable to have doubts and worries. I wish that you were right here so I could give you a big hug and tell you it will all be ok, but since I do not have you here with me I will just tell you that you have quite a support group who are throwing out a lot of prayers and good thoughts to you and your family.

I appreciate it so much that you share your happiness as well as your fears. I am in awe of you even during the doubtful times.

I think of you various times during the day and say a prayer whereever I am. See...God still knows you and is throwing you out into people's heads. We are all strongly behind you !!!!

Karen : 0 )

Hjellming said...

Hey Liz,

Even through the tough times laughter is still the best medicine. We thank you for the updates and see you are still trying to use your funny side during these difficult times. I don't know if that's to entertain us, or for your own spirit.....either way, it works. And, you can still be mad at the elephant and ignore him, or the rhino, as you gather information needed for your next steps. Knowing your team is always there, always behind you, cheering you on the entire time.

Sending you strength and love,
Monica

LB said...

Lizard - Through tears, I gotta tell you I am so sad to hear of your new struggle and pray that its just a short ride on the roller coaster. I've said it before, and your cheering squad has also said it you are a strong woman and can get through this - you've got courage and all of us right there behind you! My prayers are coming your way, stay strong and positive!!! Thinking of you every day!
LB

Sue and Robert Stark said...

LizButt, how pretty of a name?!?!?!

I echo all of the previous comments....my sweet friend...your fear and dread is being lifted up to the Father God who created you and knows everything about you....

Laughter truly is good for the soul..and body. A friend of mine read a study on that recently....you're an example to us all.

I love you!
"Cast all your anxiety on Him b/c He cares for you, Liz" 1 Peter 5:7

In His Grip,
Sue Boo :)