Friday, August 28, 2009

Where's summer?

School starts in 1 1/2 weeks. Can't believe it. We have tried to pack as much as possible into this summer and I'm now tired. So are the kids, so it's been very successful! Last week we were on a houseboat in Voyageurs Nat'l Park. Very, very beautiful and more fun than any of us expected. Mom bid on a houseboat at a raffle and had the high (and only) bid. We were a little worried about the weather (Mary said that if it rained, we wouldn't need to see each other again until Thanksgiving), but the weather was fabulous and we swam Sat and Sun. Most of us jumped off the slide in the back which was the favorite part for my kids. I'll post some pictures next time.... There was also a tickle fight which was the favorite part for a couple of the other kids. Lots of laughs, lots of food, lots of sun. Hard not to have a good time!

I have yet to golf this summer, Joe wants to go up to the Wilderness for a round, and there is a hike on the way up to the cabin we still haven't done. There is also the tube ride down a river that I promised a nephew and that will have to wind up the summer. The State Fair is here and this is the first year that I'm not looking forward to the cheese curds. There is probably not a ton of health food out there, but we'll survive :)

It's been a year since the first surgery, and I'm still kickin'. The moral of the story is not to let ANYONE label you based on statistics.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Wonder Woman, it's the power of positive attitude and prayer!!
I'm so happy for you and your family to be enjoying life to the fullest!

Keep up the courageous spirit!
JM

Super Nova said...

You got that right, sista! You are not a statistic. My husbands Aunt just celebrated her 20 years of being cancer free!! (she had a 15% chance). She says it is all due to positive attitude and prayer. Keep up both!!!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I almost feel like I was along! :)

Sue and Robert Stark said...

Amen, girlfriend!!!

Still praying for you, my friend!!! God is holding you in His hand...He has a plan for you...we don't always know or understand....He created you and knows everything about you...He's your Sustainer & Rock and will always be here for you! :)

I saw pics on Mary's FB, I think, of the houseboat trip....I wanted to go, too!!!!!!

Love you,
Sue Boo :)
xxxxx

LB said...

Lizard - You are my idol, seriously! Your summer trips have been amazing -- keep up the great spirit - you are now a statistic of strength and beating this one!!

Hjellming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hjellming said...

I'm with you Liz, where did summer go?

I'm glad that you and your family were able to get some fun travels in. Sure sounds like you all had a blast.

Keep fightin' the fight girl! Thinking of you often.

Monica

Karen said...

As I was shopping at Target and saw all the Halloween candy and costumes, I also wondered what happened to summer. I am so happy that you had some great trips. They sound amazing.

Thank you so much for keeping us in touch with what is going on.

LB said...

Ok lady - now that school has started has life in the Solheid family slowed down a bit? (: Anxious to hear what new mountains (or medical challenges) you've overcome! You are my motivator lady ... so I'm looking for the next chapter!
Seriously - I hope all is well. I think of you often!