Friday, July 24, 2009

Good news!

The scans showed that things are getting better! The radiologist said "incremental improvement in all areas". The spot on my hip looked really good, just a little bit of cancer left, and the spots on my spine were a little better than have been. There were no new spots and I couldn't see the spots on my lungs this time (they must have been from a cold last time). ALL excellent news. We chatted about a trial with the doc again. He is still going to be looking for a clinical trial, but would now only consider ones without much for side effects and that wouldn't require us going down to Rochester all the time. I'm still not sold on the clinical trial, especially when things are moving the right way, but told him he could let us know if he found anything. Then we talked about the Grand Canyon and rafting down the Colorado. It was the best visit to Mayo in almost a year.

We did book the trip to Utah, we fly into and out of Vegas and I'm hoping to see the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce (and possibly Zion), and take a raft trip from Page for 1/2 day. Yes, it is a little aggressive but, except for the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and the raft trip, everything is negotiable. It's also likely we'll be in some sort of heat shock since it has NOT been too warm here this summer. When I was calling and booking a couple hotels, I asked one of the agents if their outdoor pool was heated and was promptly told "honey, it's 106 out here, you don't need a heated pool". Live and learn.....

8 comments:

Tammi said...

I loved reading this post!! So glad to hear about the good news and the fun trip planned. As always you are in my prayers...
Tammi

ec/jc said...

Liz, your post just made my day. Have been thinking of you all week. Soak up all the wonder of your family trip, will be looking forward to that post, too!love, ec/jc

Liesl said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Such great news! Prayers are working...we'll keep 'em coming :) Thanks so much for the update!

P.S. I went whitewater rafting once and had a blast. I think you would love it :)

viponds said...

That is awesome news!!! Have fun in Utah. Spending time with your family is always worth it.....too bad we never seem to get to do it as much as we would like. We just got back from our vacation to Myrtle Beach and had a great time.
Take care and you are still in my thoughts and prayers!

Holly and Rhett said...

Yeah Liz, that is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. You are in my prayers!!

Karen said...

Whoo Hoo !!! I love this post and am so glad that things are improving. With your attitude, how could they not !!

You have a blast and enjoy your time away. I've never gone rafting down the Colorado, and would probably be too chicken to actually do it, but I would think about it. You'll have to tell me how it goes based on a chicken factor....meaning will it be a 10 on the chicken factor (none of us chickens should do it), or 5 (about 1/2 the chickens may try, but their eyes will be closed).

Love you kiddo !!!

Karen

LB said...

Hey Chick - CONGRATS!!!! This is the best news ALL month!!! Now, you go whitewater rafting and I'll live the adventures through you!!

Your positive attitude is the secret here!! Keep it up, I am so very proud of you and amazed of your strength.

Love ya-
LB

Angie Anthony said...

Such great news, my friend. I hope your trip goes YOUR way! You deserve it. I look forward to reading all about it! Have fun. Love you! Ang