Friday, June 4, 2010

"probably" disease free

This will be my last post! Our most recent trip to Mayo was last week. I had a scan and blood work on Thurs and Dr. visit on Friday. After chatting with the Doc for a 1/2 hour we got out of him that I am "probably" disease free at this point (just like most men- very noncommittal)!!! He won't call me "cured" for awhile yet, but we're running with disease free for now. The bone has grown back where most of the tumors were (the spine seems to be going a bit slower), and we also talked about getting the plate out of my leg. Doc pulled up the picture of it on the computer, did a small chuckle and said that it is a pretty substantial piece of hardware and he doesn't think an orthopedic doc would want to take it out, but I was welcome to try. I might wait until he calls me "cured" before we go down that route.

Thanks to all of you who came on this journey with me. I have many new friends and old ones that helped me in too many ways to count. I learned that I'm horrible in expressing my love for family and friends, but I do love all of you and want you to know that I could NOT have done this without all the kind words, prayers and good energy. Much less the babysitting, meals, treats, house cleaning, etc...etc...

All my love,
Liz

7 comments:

Liesl said...

YAY! I am so, so, so, so excited to read this! I will continue to pray for you and your sweet family as you go through your disease-free life :)

And hopefully, one of these days, we'll get back up to MN and maybe see you at an RFC reunion happy hour!

Praise God for this news! I am so excited for you :)

Sending love from Oklahoma,
Liesl

Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic!! Thank you for sharing your journey, your strength and will to defeat cancer has been very inspiring. It warms my heart to see triumph over the cancer.
I will continue to keep you in my prayers for continued miracles!
Enjoy life and take care!

Unknown said...

I know we were not close friends but you have been in my daily prayers for the past 3 years. Maybe tomorrow I can wrap it up with a prayer of Thanksgiving and a caveat the He keeps a close watch for continued remission.

God Bless
Bob Jacobson

Ewertz said...

Liz, I can't express how happy I am for you! This is the best news I've seen, heard, read, you name it in awhile. Just fantastic. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck going forward and congratulations. Such great news!
- Nick

Unknown said...

Well way to go Liz!! I haven't checked in for a while, and reading this was pretty exciting! What GREAT news!!

Best of luck!!

Tom Boyle said...

Hi Liz. Obviously I don't check your posts very often, or I would have known much sooner that things are headed in a good direction for you. Way to go! I still think of you often - I am into my 3rd year working at Mayo, and I have these visions of running into you in the subway or on the street. Hopefully now that won't happen. We'll have to meet some other way.

Cheers,
T. Boyle

Nanc said...

Liz,
I hope you read this at some point.
i have been out of the loop for so long and I apologize. I am so glad to read this news- words can not express my feelings. I wish you the very best and always have.
Maybe sometime in the future we will reconnect. My you continue down the path to a great recovery and may you enjoy your life, family and friends to the fullest.
You are one great woman and i wish you health, happiness and great things in your life.
Good health, happiness and much love.
love you ERD!
(can't find your email address!-damn!)